Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Answer To Prayer

I have great news! My husband received a paycheck for February. Thank you so much for your prayers and support.

God answers prayers. Through prayer and bible reading I was able to keep my focus on God most of last month. I knew in my heart that God was going to take care of us. He always has. It may not be what I would have chosen, but then again, I don't know the future. When my husband needed me to be strong, I was able to ask God for strength and He gave it instantly. When I needed to cry, God made one of my friends available. When I was worried, God gave me comfort. Don't get me wrong. There were several times when I found myself in the middle of a meltdown. I feel sorry for my friends. :)

The lady my husband works with has been really great too. When she found out that accounting hadn't mailed his check, she picked it up and brought it to him. My husband has known her for a long time. She is such a wonderful person and I really appreciate her friendship and kindness.

We're not out of the woods yet but we are good for another month. Through the last few weeks I have come to realize how important it is that we manage our finances. We have put ourselves on a budget. This was our first week. We have two more days and we have stuck to the budget so far. My husband is being really supportive. I put some money in savings and it was really fun!

Luke 8:22-25 is the story of Jesus quieting the storm. Jesus and the disciples get on a ship to go across to the other side of the lake. Jesus is really tired and chooses to rest. During his rest, a storms develops over the lake. The waves are crashing against the ship filling it with water. The disciples were afraid and feared for their lives. They woke Jesus telling him they were going to perish. He spoke and the wind and waves ceased and the water was calm. His reponse to the disciples was in verse 25. "And he said unto them, Where is your faith?" The disciples were in the same boat with Jesus and still feared for their lives. They witnessed his miracles in person and still doubted him. But who are we to judge them? Don't we do the same thing? Aren't we in the same boat with Jesus? Do we doubt him and question him over and over again?

My goal for February is to learn from my walk through January. God will provide for my family and allow what is best for us. I must be in constant fellowship with God.

God Bless.
Monica

1 comment:

Kayla! said...

Definately one of my favorite bible stories!!!