Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Idea Behind My Blog Theme & Title

Last spring I read, "A Women After God's Own Heart", by Elizabeth George. In one of the chapters she discusses the need for women to have a mentor in their lives and she quoted the verses from Titus. She advises women to choose women from church who are mature in their Christian walk. She used the verses as support for her advice along with a story of her personal mentor. The book was amazing.

I love the verse too. It is encouraging to me and adds purpose to my life. It helps me to use my experiences and things I have learned to help others.

We are all used of God, but are we all willing participants? I'm not always, that's for sure. I find myself stumbling daily. Saying to myself, I will never do that again! Before I know it, I'm doing it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you considered quoting the verses that you refer to in your blog? It would be a big help when reading the blog if the verses were included. I guess it would be a start on a scripture reading habit!

Monica said...

Great Idea! Thanks for your comment.