Sunday, December 30, 2007

...His mercy endureth for ever. Psalm 136:1

It's Sunday evening and I couldn't be happier. I have been facing a personal trial for the past couple of months. In the last two weeks I was at my worst, my lowest point. During church services this morning, I realized why things haven't been getting better. I realized why I was continuing to struggle even though I was trying so hard. I could finally hear what God has been trying to tell me.

I was trying so hard, but trying it by myself and without God. God has a wonderful way of getting my attention and drawing me closer to Him. I know that it is through trials that I grow and mature but this one was different. My trial was to remind me of something I already knew. I need to be close to God. It isn't enough to believe in Him and love Him. It isn't enough to go to church everytime the doors are open. It isn't enough to pray everynight. It isn't enough to serve in my church. It isn't enough to witness to others. I have to be close to Him. To be close to Him I need to read and study my bible daily. I need to talk to God through prayer. My heart needs to be soft so that I can hear Him talking to me. My mind needs to be open so I can learn what He is trying to teach me.

I am rejoicing and singing praises this evening because I am back where I should be. What have I learned? Even I who knows the way, can still get lost along the path of life.

If you are feeling frustated and disappointed, ask yourself this question. "How is my relationship with my Father?" Be honest when you get ready to answer it. It's difficult I know. But God already knows the answer, He just wants you to know the answer too.

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Psalm 136:1.

I love this verse because it reminds me of God's love. Even though I was drifting apart from Him, He remained loving and forgiving and welcomed me with open arms.

Happy New Year and God Bless!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I would like to think that I'm a believer. I have always felt the presence of God around me and when I am down and feeling depressed I do turn to Him for shelter (and solace). But,I dont find any reason in the way the world is so full of misery and pain. If God has the power why doesnt he set things right ?
If I was God I would not let anyone stray and there would be no pain.
Is it too much to ask of God to give every soul on this earth a good and healthy life and happiness ?
What most of the governments describe as the basic 'needs' of every human and promise such things against the basic rights of every human being are the things that I expect of God. Is it too much ????

Anonymous said...

Remonica, I was cleaning out an old email address today and found your blog. It is only 9;05 and I was already haveing a really rough morning and reading your blog gave me some words of encouragment. Keep blogging, you never know when you just might touch someones heart.

Anonymous said...

Broken Dreams

As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my friend.
But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.

At last I snatched them back and cried,
"How could you be so slow"
"My child," He said, "What could I do?
You never did let go."

Robert J. Burdette

Your blog reminded me of the poem above and the verse that follows:

Phillipians: 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead , pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Hey girl, loved our conversation tonight. We should get together for dinner or something. You have a beautiful blog.